[Talk-at] Nicht geschlossene Polygone korrigieren und fehlende Straßen hinzufügen

TomTom OSM OSM at tomtom.com
Fri Mar 11 09:36:56 UTC 2022

Hi Jeka,

Thank you for this very clear and detailed explanation. I really appreciate the effort.

I'm passing this along to my team so they can look into this logic.

Thank you again and have a nice weekend!

Marjan

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday 10 March 2022 19:53
To: OpenStreetMap AT <talk-at at openstreetmap.org>
Cc: Friedrich Volkmann <bsd at volki.at>; TomTom OSM <OSM at tomtom.com>
Subject: Re: [Talk-at] Nicht geschlossene Polygone korrigieren und fehlende Straßen hinzufügen

Dear all,

Thank you for looking at the topic and not just doing an auto-correct.
The idea behind is:
- You can usually only climb on a wall/cliff which is almost vertical (about 90 degrees). Such a vertical (almost vertical) wall can only be marked as a line on a 2D map like OSM.
- Individual climbing routes are already marked as nodes, but these are ultimately all situated/placed on a wall/cliff
- There are some exceptions (walls / cliffs with about 60-70 degrees inclination), but these are rather exceptions
- There are also large climbing areas with their own infrastructure, which was only tolled for a specific climbing area (e.g. toilet, bench, playground). And this can already be marked as an "area" (or closed polygon). However, such areas have several small climbing areas ("crags"), which in the end can only be displayed as a line.

I would keep "leisure=pitch" on climbing places mapped with a line. Climbing wall/cliff seems to be just the only sport, with a vertical pitch...

Best regards
Jeka

Sent with ProtonMail secure email.

More information about the Talk-at mailing list