[Talk-at] Nicht geschlossene Polygone korrigieren und fehlende Straßen hinzufügen

Albin Michlmayr albin at almich.net
Tue Mar 8 22:49:46 UTC 2022

Am Tue, 8 Mar 2022 08:51:02 +0000
schrieb TomTom OSM via Talk-at <talk-at at openstreetmap.org>:

> Secondly, the Missing Roads
> challenge<https://maproulette.org/browse/challenges/25105> has
> received an update. We have filtered the data for you so the
> challenge now only proposes the roads that are the most important to
> enable routing from point A to point B. I would really appreciate it
> if you could take a look at the tasks and let me know whether you
> agree that they are valid.

I looked at some of these challanges - many of them seem to be short
private driveways where it's a matter of taste of the mapper
whether these details should be mapped or not. Anyway, in my opinion
they are useless for routing. Sometimes the challenge claims there
should be a road in the middle of a house. Most likely there is a
covered gas station in the ground floor or a parking garage but that
you can't decide from arial image so maproulette is the wrong tool to
add these types of roads (if nessecary). I also found construction
sites where arial images only show a random construction phase, so no
chance for maproulette users to add anything valuable. In fact there
was one missing track in the countryside that I added but I think it's
not worth searching for theese needles in the haystack.

Kind regards, Albin Michlmayr