[Talk-at] Nicht geschlossene Polygone korrigieren und fehlende Straßen hinzufügen

TomTom OSM OSM at tomtom.com
Thu Mar 10 13:36:22 UTC 2022

Hi Albin,

Thank you for taking a look at the Missing Roads challenge and sharing your thoughts with me.

Before creating the challenge, we verified whether the detected roads exist by making use of imagery and (where available) probes. It is possible that these sources are at times better than the imagery available in MapRoulette, meaning the existence of the roads cannot be confirmed in MapRoulette. If our editors working the challenge do not have the necessary proof to confirm a road is there, they will not create it. And of course we strongly encourage any editor to take this approach.

Marjan

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday 8 March 2022 23:50
To: talk-at at openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: [Talk-at] Nicht geschlossene Polygone korrigieren und fehlende Straßen hinzufügen

Am Tue, 8 Mar 2022 08:51:02 +0000
schrieb TomTom OSM via Talk-at <talk-at at openstreetmap.org>:

> Secondly, the Missing Roads
> challenge<https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A
> %2F%2Fmaproulette.org%2Fbrowse%2Fchallenges%2F25105&data=04%7C01%7
> Cosm%40tomtom.com%7Cb9e40669a58b4a29953a08da01562666%7C374f80267b544a3
> ab87d328fa26ec10d%7C0%7C0%7C637823767365438743%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d
> 8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C
> 3000&sdata=qvsn0uiS5MM4PXsi9stzDvQjQVxLS%2FrrjJOsrUTJ9TI%3D&reserved=0> has received an update. We have filtered the data for you so the challenge now only proposes the roads that are the most important to enable routing from point A to point B. I would really appreciate it if you could take a look at the tasks and let me know whether you agree that they are valid.

I looked at some of these challanges - many of them seem to be short private driveways where it's a matter of taste of the mapper whether these details should be mapped or not. Anyway, in my opinion they are useless for routing. Sometimes the challenge claims there should be a road in the middle of a house. Most likely there is a covered gas station in the ground floor or a parking garage but that you can't decide from arial image so maproulette is the wrong tool to add these types of roads (if nessecary). I also found construction sites where arial images only show a random construction phase, so no chance for maproulette users to add anything valuable. In fact there was one missing track in the countryside that I added but I think it's not worth searching for theese needles in the haystack.

Kind regards, Albin Michlmayr

More information about the Talk-at mailing list