[Talk-at] Nicht geschlossene Polygone korrigieren und fehlende Straßen hinzufügen

Jeka jeka.p at protonmail.com
Thu Mar 10 18:52:49 UTC 2022

Dear all,

Thank you for looking at the topic and not just doing an auto-correct.
The idea behind is:
- You can usually only climb on a wall/cliff which is almost vertical (about 90 degrees). Such a vertical (almost vertical) wall can only be marked as a line on a 2D map like OSM.
- Individual climbing routes are already marked as nodes, but these are ultimately all situated/placed on a wall/cliff
- There are some exceptions (walls / cliffs with about 60-70 degrees inclination), but these are rather exceptions
- There are also large climbing areas with their own infrastructure, which was only tolled for a specific climbing area (e.g. toilet, bench, playground). And this can already be marked as an "area" (or closed polygon). However, such areas have several small climbing areas ("crags"), which in the end can only be displayed as a line.

I would keep "leisure=pitch" on climbing places mapped with a line. Climbing wall/cliff seems to be just the only sport, with a vertical pitch...

Best regards
Jeka

Sent with ProtonMail secure email.

------- Original Message -------

On Thursday, March 10th, 2022 at 14:39, TomTom OSM via Talk-at <talk-at at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to say that I contacted user jeka p to ask them about the leisure=pitch + natural=cliff cases. We will skip these cases in the challenge while we are talking to jeka p about them. We will start working on the other tasks at the end of this week.
>
> Marjan
>
> -----Original Message-----
>
> From: TomTom OSM via Talk-at talk-at at openstreetmap.org
>
> Sent: Tuesday 8 March 2022 18:57
>
> To: Friedrich Volkmann bsd at volki.at; talk-at at openstreetmap.org
>
> Cc: TomTom OSM OSM at tomtom.com
>
> Subject: Re: [Talk-at] Nicht geschlossene Polygone korrigieren und fehlende Straßen hinzufügen
>
> Hi Friedrich,
>
> I will reach out to user jeka_p regarding the leisure=pitch + natural=cliff combination in the Polygon is not closed challenge.
>
> With regards to reviewing the Missing Roads challenge: MapRoulette doesn't require a separate account. You should be able to log in using your OSM account. Does this work for you?
>
> We will start working on that challenge at the end of this week, and of course I will keep following this thread in case anyone has any other questions.
>
> Marjan
>
> _______________________________________________
>
> Talk-at mailing list
>
> Talk-at at openstreetmap.org
>
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-at

More information about the Talk-at mailing list