[Talk-at] Nicht geschlossene Polygone korrigieren und fehlende Straßen hinzufügen

Jeka jeka.p at protonmail.com
Thu Mar 10 18:52:49 UTC 2022

Dear all,

Thank you for looking at the topic and not just doing an auto-correct.
The idea behind is:
- You can usually only climb on a wall/cliff which is almost vertical (about 90 degrees). Such a vertical (almost vertical) wall can only be marked as a line on a 2D map like OSM.
- Individual climbing routes are already marked as nodes, but these are ultimately all situated/placed on a wall/cliff
- There are some exceptions (walls / cliffs with about 60-70 degrees inclination), but these are rather exceptions
- There are also large climbing areas with their own infrastructure, which was only tolled for a specific climbing area (e.g. toilet, bench, playground). And this can already be marked as an "area" (or closed polygon). However, such areas have several small climbing areas ("crags"), which in the end can only be displayed as a line.

I would keep "leisure=pitch" on climbing places mapped with a line. Climbing wall/cliff seems to be just the only sport, with a vertical pitch...

Best regards
Jeka

Sent with ProtonMail secure email.