[Talk-at] [mechanical edit] change depreciated tag wood=* by leaf_cycle=*/leaf_type=*

Friedrich Volkmann bsd at volki.at
Sat Sep 24 21:02:23 UTC 2022

On 24.09.22 13:51, mcliquid wrote:
> I would like to advance at least one idea / suggestion here as an alternative
> to an automated edit.
> Since it is actually only 323 objects,

When I had read this beginning of your message, I thought it would continue:
"...local mappers can easily do it manually." To which I would agree.

> this could also be completed
> collectively in a MapRoulette Challenge.

Maproulette Challenge is just another name for an automated edit. (Or an
automated edit in disguise.) Maproulette users always do what their editors or
validators suggest, and they do the same change on every instance.

> The completion of the tasks could be advertised in the new forum, so according
> to experience the completion would be done within a few days.
> I would say this would be a lot of fun to complete

Please have fun with other games, don't abuse OSM for that.