[Talk-at] [mechanical édit] change depreciated tag wood=* by leaf_cycle=*/leaf_type=*

Robert Kaiser kairo at kairo.at
Fri Sep 23 21:48:02 UTC 2022

Friedrich Volkmann schrieb:
> On 23.09.22 22:23, Robert Kaiser wrote:
>> Friedrich Volkmann schrieb:
>>
>>> Due to Larix, you can't map wood=coniferous to leaf_cycle=evergreen.
>>
>> At least according to the post here, that's not part of the proposal.
>> Where did you get this from?
>
> This is not a yes/no voting, and even if it were, it wouldn't make any
> sense to just say yes or no without any explanation. When various tag
> changes are proposed, it's necessary to explain which of these are
> fine, which are not, and what can be done in a better way. So that's
> what I did. What's your problem with that?

The tag deprecation has apparently already happened elsewhere, that's
not what this thread is about. What this thread is for is an automated
edit that is changing 3 specific tagging on 323 objects in Austria. And
those exact edits look good to me, but there is nothing said about
changing anything to leaf_cycle=evergreen or even about palms which you
also went on about in your original post.

If you still want to reason why the deprecation of the tag itself may be
a bad idea, it would make more sense to discuss that in a tagging list
or forum.
But as it seems to be, the specific mechanic edits proposed here sound
good to me. Do you disagree with those exact ones as well?

KaiRo