[Talk-at] Bolt letter to OSM community

Friedrich Volkmann bsd at volki.at
Mon Nov 21 18:08:48 UTC 2022

On 21.11.22 11:12, Iaroslav Zifceac via Talk-at wrote:

> We at Bolt are happy to introduce our company, our mission and, most
> importantly, our mapping objectives in Belgium.

Belgium? This mailing list is about Austria. Belgium hasn't been part of the
Habsburg empire since 1794.

> As a company, we are more than just another ride-hailing service. We’re on
> a mission to build cities for people, not cars.

You are a construction company?

> we
> are willing to assist the community and become a part of it by resolving
> certain set of issues, such as improving road configuration, adding missing
> roads, one ways and turn restrictions, along with others.

Can you please be more specific? People and companies who claim to fix issues
and improve the map usually do exactly the opposite, especially when they are
based in another country and thus lack local knowledge. There may also be a
language barrier.

> You might have already noticed edits made by members of our team.

I don't know who the members of your team are. Let's pray that the necessary
reverts will not be too complicated.

> You can find more information about our current work with OSM in this
> <https://github.com/bolteu/osm_mapping>GitHub repository or on our Wiki page
> <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Bolt>.

I don't see anything related to Austria there.