[Talk-at] Nicht geschlossene Polygone korrigieren und fehlende Straßen hinzufügen

Friedrich Volkmann bsd at volki.at
Tue Mar 8 12:44:39 UTC 2022

On 08.03.22 09:51, TomTom OSM via Talk-at wrote:
> In relation to the "Polygon is not closed" challenge
> <https://maproulette.org/browse/challenges/25102>, some of you expressed
> concerns about the combination of leisure=pitch + natural=cliff. We believe
> these cases need to be logged as issues because this is an impossible
> combination

That's your opinion. The original mapper(s) obviously don't share your
opinion, as they chose that mapping method consistently, hence on purpose.

If two parties disagree on mapping methods, the original, local mapper who has
done the ground work is always the higher authority.

> If you think these cases should not be logged however, we are happy to fix
> this and would welcome documentation or examples to help us know how the cases
> should be mapped.

As most if not all of these were mapped by a single user (jeka_p), you should
contact him/her (https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/jeka%20p) to discuss that
with him/her.

"jeka p" is an experienced user with 24497 edits. If you convince him to
remove leisure=pitch from the cliffs, he will be able to do it himself. If you
don't convince him, you should leave his work untouched. Either way, there's
nothing to be done for you or your TomTom mates other than to discuss it with
him. The real challenge is not to create a challenge.

> Secondly, the Missing Roads challenge
> <https://maproulette.org/browse/challenges/25105> has received an update. We
> have filtered the data for you so the challenge now only proposes the roads
> that are the most important to enable routing from point A to point B. I would
> really appreciate it if you could take a look at the tasks and let me know
> whether you agree that they are valid.

I too would appreciate if I could take a look at it, but it still requires a
login. I can hardly believe there can be a considerable number of roads
missing that are required for routing. Anyway, I conclude from other messages
that this challenge will be ok due to a low risk of damaging existing data.