[Talk-at] Nicht geschlossene Polygone korrigieren und fehlende Straßen hinzufügen

andreas wecer andreas.wecer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 05:11:46 UTC 2022

Hi Marjan,

Maybe you should emphasize a bit more in the instructions, that the
solution doesn't necessarily have to be to close some polygon, because the
tagging could be wrong in the first place (or at least unusual). While the
generated warnings are correct, it might not always be as obvious as with
this broken zoo and even there you would have to separate the zoo object
from the fence and not just close the fence:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/525146344/history

Similar to the combination I posted earlier, I've found unconventional
objects with playground=slide + leisure=playground on single ways for
example:

https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/1g2f
https://osmcha.org/changesets/117221727

Contrary to the cliff example, this change from daGreif isn't necessarily
wrong, as playground slides can be tagged as polygons and you could argue
that the whole playground consists only of this long slide, but I'm not
sure if this is really an improvement.
An alternative could be attraction=slide, which is used a few times for
similar big slides, but isn't documented either:
https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/1g79

Another thing that comes up a few times is to mix up the keys "water"
(which should be an area) instead of "waterway" for streams.

hth
Andreas