[Talk-at] Road Network Improvements in Austria

Murad Vardzelyan murad.vardzelyan at bolt.eu
Tue Mar 9 08:06:25 UTC 2021

Hi there,

Thank you for your response.

We use GPS traces (private and non-downloadable) generated by our drivers
to improve the road network. You can find the details here:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Organised_Editing/Activites/Bolt
Organised_Editing/Activites/Bolt
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Organised_Editing/Activites/Bolt>. The
process includes detecting possible missing road candidates based on the
GPS data we have → review the candidates using publicly available sources
(such as OSC and Mapillary) → editing the map if the candidate is valid.
Since we operate in Austria, we reach to the local Bolt team when there's a
doubt, and they provide with ground data in such cases.
For now, improvements include missing roads, one-way tags, road access,
turn restrictions. We have plans of scaling the scope of improvements in
the future, so please feel free to share your thoughts on attributes that
need improvement.

We will consider all your suggestions and information provided. Thanks for
that!

Regards,
Murad from Bolt Map Production