[Talk-at] in Austria, good experience - thank you!

Andreas Wecer andreas.wecer at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 16:29:59 UTC 2014

Am 2014-10-30 um 19:36 schrieb Michael Maier:
> If the sidewalks are correctly mapped, and the kerbs are mapped too (as
> they are in one of the examples Carles provided, with kerb=lowered), it
> is clearly an loss if information if the ways are deleted.

as far as I can see, there isn't any additional information in this
example, which couldn't be mapped with sidewalk tags on the streets and
kerb tags on the crossings

> I'm absolutely with you, that footway=sidewalk shouldn't be rendered (at
> least on z<18) - but we're not mapping for the renderer here, or are we?^^

In fact, I _do_ consider this example as mapping for the renderer,
because that's the main difference in this case, there isn't anything
that makes wheelchair routing easier, quite the contrary