[Talk-at] in Austria, good experience - thank you!

Robert Kaiser kairo at kairo.at
Thu Oct 30 18:59:17 UTC 2014

Michael Maier schrieb:
> The result on the past discussion was:
> Map as you wish, but do not destroy other's work or remove information.

No, the outcome was: We can't reach an agreement, so change the area you
care about the way you find better without taking information away that
you think is in there. And in the end, that's apparently the cowboy
style that OSM is built around, if you like it or not.

And yes, I'm even against separate mapping when I try to put myself into
the shoes of someone not being able to use their legs or eyes on a
sidewalk. Even kerb=lowered doesn't tell on what side it is and if I can
get over it, as some easily get over a 5cm one and others barely can
make it over a 1-2cm one. If you want to get there, you need to map the
side and the exact height of a curb, and if I follow your argumentation,
that actually needs to be a separate barrier=curb way with a specified
height for all pieces of it and the sidewalk and street need to be areas
that are adjacent to that barrier so software can flawlessly map all
points where crossing is possible based on your capabilities.

KaiRo