[Talk-at] New tracks from norc.ro available across Central and Eastern Europe

Ciprian Talaba cipriantalaba at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 12:10:46 UTC 2009

Hi Boris!

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 2:40 PM, Boris Cornet <borisC at osm-at.org> wrote:

> Hi Ciprian!
>
> Today (Friday, October 9, 2009) at 11:06 you noted:
> >  I just want to point out that norc.ro have donated another set of
> > tracks that cover Austria, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary and
> > Romania. They have been already sorted, tagged and uploaded to OSM
> > so you can use them to create roads using your preferred editor.
>
> Details, please!
> Where are these tracks, in what format are they, etc.
>
> Quite obviously there's a lot of data for Tirol, which could be really
> useful, but I didn't find any traces on the map, neither mapdata nor
> gpx tracks.
>
> Regards,
>    Boris

The tracks have been uploaded to OSM under the norcTracks user, so you can
get all the Austria tracks using this link:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/norcTracks/traces/tag/Austria

But I recommend to use them from your preferred editor. Here is how the area
around Zell am See looks like in JOSM after downloading both OSM data and
Raw GPS data: http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/2640/tracksv.png

I would expect that some of the tracks that are not used for now came from
the Norc import.

Regards,
Ciprian