[Talk-at] EGU mapathon Wien - help needed :)

Faith Taylor faith.taylor at port.ac.uk
Mon Jan 28 09:02:16 UTC 2019

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your interest. A mapathon is a mapping party ('mapping
marathon'). These are quite popular in London:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAcsCmvG2hs

A group gets together to work on mapping an area through the HOT Tasking
Manager, and usually pizza is served :)

If these don't already, it would be great if these were a regular event in
Austria. They are a good way to meet other people interested in GIS and OSM.

Best wishes,

Faith

--
Dr Faith Taylor

Lecturer in Geographic Information Science
University of Portsmouth

faith.taylor at port.ac.uk
+44 (0)23 9284 2477
@faithatron  <https://twitter.com/faithatron?lang=en>

Recent papers:
Dodman, D., Adelekan, I., Brown, D., Leck, H., Manda, M., Mberu, M.,
Pelling, M., Rusca, M., Satterthwaite, D., Taylor, FE (2018) 'A Spectrum of
Methods for a Spectrum of Risk: Generating Evidence to Understand and
Reduce Urban Risk in Sub-Saharan Africa' *Area*,
https://doi.org/10.1111/area.12510

Taylor, FE, Malamud, BD, Witt, A., Guzzetti, F. (2018) 'Landslide
Ellipticity, Shape and Length to Width Ratio' *Earth Surface Processes and
Landforms*. Free read-only version available here: https://rdcu.be/9BHa
<http://em.rdcu.be/wf/click?upn=lMZy1lernSJ7apc5DgYM8bRf3hn7zaNsWCyl4n9oyIY-3D_jKM7w0C95uGRDpHNQQ-2BK7JFVtU-2FdjCHKtvHK6mBow-2FXb2wfJN4wdhxrPy1baJlvAu5-2F1VaKmsFjDOQcq8Phf1nUkrs2eqN3OAbNJ0T2cR05R22vKMgW1DMQwyNUs013vGj0gQdLfwhky8l8oY6WwDhiJClMw9JP-2BbW1MKfsQQyzskcWO8juBlrLdqcGiCC-2FW-2BS6ZvjvjO9iix6X-2FCAmfNzCHKaoPzrtfPNR5DdZF8595fsxkdJpCCOF6hPwobu5HJED0uZZaCXUoAVWx2wX2Fg-3D-3D>