[Talk-at] EGU mapathon Wien - help needed :)

Faith Taylor faith.taylor at port.ac.uk
Wed Jan 23 16:34:32 UTC 2019

Hello OSM Austria,

Myself and four colleagues are planning a mapathon at the European
Geosciences Union General Assembly in Vienna the week of the 8th-12th April
(exact date TBC).

It would be wonderful if some of the OSM Austria team are able to help us
in this activity.

Over 10,000 earth scientists attend the conference (although the number at
the mapathon will be less - maybe 100 - 200!). Some of them like us will be
experienced mappers, others will be quite new to this. We are very excited
that this is the first time a mapathon has taken place at the conference.

If this is of interest to you, please do get in touch with me at
faith.taylor at port.ac.uk. My apologies that I do not speak German!

Kindest regards,

Faith
--
Dr Faith Taylor

Lecturer in Geographic Information Science
University of Portsmouth

faith.taylor at port.ac.uk
+44 (0)23 9284 2477
@faithatron  <https://twitter.com/faithatron?lang=en>

Recent papers:
Dodman, D., Adelekan, I., Brown, D., Leck, H., Manda, M., Mberu, M.,
Pelling, M., Rusca, M., Satterthwaite, D., Taylor, FE (2018) 'A Spectrum of
Methods for a Spectrum of Risk: Generating Evidence to Understand and
Reduce Urban Risk in Sub-Saharan Africa' *Area*,
https://doi.org/10.1111/area.12510

Taylor, FE, Malamud, BD, Witt, A., Guzzetti, F. (2018) 'Landslide
Ellipticity, Shape and Length to Width Ratio' *Earth Surface Processes and
Landforms*. Free read-only version available here: https://rdcu.be/9BHa
<http://em.rdcu.be/wf/click?upn=lMZy1lernSJ7apc5DgYM8bRf3hn7zaNsWCyl4n9oyIY-3D_jKM7w0C95uGRDpHNQQ-2BK7JFVtU-2FdjCHKtvHK6mBow-2FXb2wfJN4wdhxrPy1baJlvAu5-2F1VaKmsFjDOQcq8Phf1nUkrs2eqN3OAbNJ0T2cR05R22vKMgW1DMQwyNUs013vGj0gQdLfwhky8l8oY6WwDhiJClMw9JP-2BbW1MKfsQQyzskcWO8juBlrLdqcGiCC-2FW-2BS6ZvjvjO9iix6X-2FCAmfNzCHKaoPzrtfPNR5DdZF8595fsxkdJpCCOF6hPwobu5HJED0uZZaCXUoAVWx2wX2Fg-3D-3D>