[Talk-at] in Austria, good experience - thank you!

Norbert Wenzel norbert.wenzel.lists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 10:46:15 UTC 2014

On 11/10/2014 10:29 AM, Stefan Tiran wrote:
> Norbert Wenzel wrote:
>> On 11/10/2014 07:45 AM, emga at gmx.net wrote:
>>> I always thought deleting correct data in osm is kind of forbidden. So i would
>>> recommend to leave it in there, its not destroying anything or?
>>
>> You're missing the point of this discussion. It's not about whether
>> correct data should be deleted but about the question if mapping
>> parallel footways is actually correct data.
>
> This might be your point of view but I would not consider it as common
> sense.

This isn't any point of view, that's me summing up the discussion.

Nobody discussing here said "it's good data but it doesn't belong to
OSM" but all the discussion is about whether it is correct data or data
added correctly (in whatever posters sense of correct). I just felt that
more or less implying that opposing the mapping of sidewalks as parallel
footways is close to vandalism (deleting correct data) is quite harsh
and far fetched. That's how I understood the part I quoted from emga and
that's why I thought the point of the discussion had been missed.

Norbert