[Talk-at] Was soll eigentlich das überdrübergeniale footway=sidewalk Mapping im 4. Bezirk, und wie kann man den Südtiroler Platz korrekt mappen? Oder ein Rant an die Micromappingfraktion...

MilošŠipetić msipetic at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 13:26:05 UTC 2013

Norbert Wenzel <norbert.wenzel.lists at ...> writes:

> > On 2013-07-18 13:24, Stefan Tauner wrote:
> >
> > Das alte TU-Gebäude ist auch durchaus *ähem* "interessant" in Hinblick
> > auf footways...
>
> http://osm.org/go/0JrIcECyg--
>
> Ach du Sch.... Sollte man beim Indoor Mapping nicht highway=corridor
> verwenden? So ist das tatsächlich nur Müll. Das kann kein Mensch mehr
> routen, nichtmal wenn man sich auskennt. Und wie's ausschaut brauch ich
> eh net kommentieren, oder?

Hello all,

I am one of the students who worked on the TU building data for the class
project. We were informed of the discussion here regarding the data we
uploaded to OSM server. I apologize for any problems that our submission
caused.

We are willing to fix the now "ruined" model if someone would take time to
explain in English what the problems are exactly (my German is not that
good, and google translate of the thread gives only a rough idea what the
issue is here).

If I understand correctly, the main issue is our usage of highway=footway
for indoor circulation network, and the fix for this would be using the
highway=corridor in all the indoor spaces? Did I understand this correctly?
Are there any references that we missed with recommendations which tags
should and shouldn't be used (especially for indoors).

Are there any other obvious problems with our submission? any feedback is
welcome...

regards,
Milos